In my 60s

Payments from II pillar

You can go on a II pillar pension for a maximum of 5 years before reaching retirement pension age. The retirement pension age depends on the year you were born.

If you go on the pension earlier, your pension will be lower by a corresponding amount.

Before submitting an application for disbursement:

  • think about your long-term income sources and
  • determine the value of your second-pillar assets.

You can find out the value of your funded pension assets on the self-service section of the Pension Centre website “My pension account“, at a bank or by contacting your insurer.

Option of combining

To receive your pension from the second-pillar, you have a few options, which can be combined:

In addition, you can combine the state pension and funded pension disbursements, as they are not connected to each other:

  • option of initially choosing only one of them, you can postpone receiving the second part and thereby increase the value of the second pension.

Postponing going on a pension will increase both the state pension and the funded pension.

Seizure of withdrawals

As of January 1, 2023, payments from the mandatory pension fund made by the keeper of the pension register to the debtor became subject to seizure, including pre-seizure.

Discontinuing contributions

Contributions to the II pillar of the pension will end at the following deadlines, depending on the time of submission of the payment application.

The application must be in the required form and be submitted to the registrar by:

  • Application submitted from December 1 to 31 March – for ending a payment starting 1 September;
  • Application submitted from April 1 to 31 July – for ending a payment starting 1 January;
  • Application submitted from August 1 to 31 November – for ending a payment starting 1 May;

No work capacity

If you are receiving a pension due to lack of work ability, the disbursements are income-tax-exempt.

Before submitting an application, you must register your loss of working capacity in the pension register.

Options for receiving pension:

If you receive your work ability, you can re-join the funded pension.