A pension account is a pool of data that comprises all data related to your funded pension. A pension account is a special type of the securities account, in which there are only units of mandatory pension funds and data related to these units, also data about the unit-holder is registered.
A pension account is opened for you to assure that you are entitled to own units of a mandatory pension fund and you have submitted a choice application or you have been included in the funded pension system on the basis of the data received from the Estonian Tax and Customs Board.
Unlike in the case of a securities account, person can hold only one pension account.
Each pension account has its own unique account number, starting with 999 or 998, which identifies the pension account and enables to distinguish the pension account clearly from other accounts (bank account, securities account and others).
Pension account stores all your funded pension choices in one place - submitted applications, chosen funds, received payments, acquired pension fund units and data about the units, including the portfolio volume and in the future also the payments made to you from your pension fund.
You can have an account statement indicating the current state of your pension account, control the information and monitor the procedures of any period you like.
- Information can be obtained on this website under the title My Account, from the Internet banks or through bank offices.
Opening of pension account
A pension account can be opened in two ways:
1. On the basis of a choice application. In such case the pension account is opened immediately by the Estonian Central Register of Securities after application is submitted into the registry system. Applications are received either through a Estonian bank office, through a Estonian Internet bank or our website My Account.
2. On the basis of information received from the Estonian Tax and Customs Board. In such case the pension account is opened only when the person:
- Was born after 1 January 1983;
- Has started employment, but has not submitted a choice application to the funded pension.